Monday, July 20, 2015

Cove Fort

 On our way home from St. George we stopped in Millard county at Cove Fort for a tour.  Built in 1867, Cove Fort was constructed as a safe stop for travelers, where they could find shelter, fresh water, and feed for livestock.  It was interesting. One thing I learned is that one way to stain their furniture they would paint it with ox blood and then use a feather to put designs on it.  The bed frame and the kitchen hutch were done that way.  I loved the kitchen!
Caleb didn't want to get up onto the wagon because it was a little shaky.  So...Rylee would wiggle back and forth to make it shake and Caleb would freak out.  Sibling love at it's finest.  Of course...Luke loved the dirt.
 I think that the kids were pretty bored.  I got bored myself :)  They found a ladybug and that entertained them for a little bit.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Makes you appreciate what you have. Did they tell you the story where the saying "don't let the bed bugs bite" comes from. Ewwwww!