Thursday, May 19, 2016

April

It was time to put the Easter eggs away one afternoon, so Taylor, Rylee & I sat on the kitchen floor and opened all the eggs and put the candy in a bowl and the eggs in a bag for next year.  When we were all finished Rylee gave me a huge hug.  Taylor said, "I like hugs from my dad"  Rylee said, "I just love hugs from both of my grown ups."  How adorable is that?!
Taylor said to me the other day, "When I grow up I want to be a mom that drives, cooks and plays the piano."  She is my little mini me.  Rylee piped up, "I don't want to be a mom!"  I asked her why not and she replied, "BECAUSE!!  I don't ever want to be pregnant!"

All of the girls got garden gloves in their Easter baskets.  Rylee is beyond excited to use hers!
Caleb made a cute Easter basket at school.  He looks like such a BOY in this picture!
His school work is one of my very favorite things.
I know it wasn't nice...but I played a little trick on the kids for April Fool's day.  They didn't like it.
 For Spring Break my mom had a room in St. George that no one was able to use - so we were going to pack up and head for some sunshine for a couple of days.  We didn't' have anything big planned...pool time, Children's museum, splash pad - just wanted to get a way for a minute.  I got everyone packed, alarm set for 5 AM and around 1 am I started throwing up.  1:30, Caleb started throwing up.  At one point he was barely able to finish and I would start again.  2:30, Taylor was throwing up.  Needless to say - we didn't go to St. George.  Eventually Luke threw up once, and a couple of days later Casey had it bad. 
 WalMart got new carts.  They are fantastic.  Simple pleasures :)
Guess what got thrown in the garbage after this moment?  Can you guess?  It wasn't the two year olds.
One afternoon a handy man showed up.  Cutest one that I have EVER seen!
We splurged!  I have been saving like a mad woman for quite a while to get a new fridge.  Well - I changed my mind and we got a table that we can all fit at instead.  A new table meant new paint also.  (makes sense to me!)  We went from sage green to a pretty blue!  It's nice to all eat together.  I didn't realize what we were missing I guess.  It always nice to make a bigger purchase with no guilt.  Debt is so scary!
One Sunday afternoon (after a week of everyone puking) I took the kids to the Ogden river walkway.  We needed fresh air.  This picture just captures all of their personalities.  And yes - Luke is crying because I wouldn't' let him come stand by me.
The view from behind is pretty adorable.
You didn't think I would do a monthly post without sleeping little pictures did you?
These 2 are big enough for cereal.  And they love it.  Lexi asks for cereal every single morning.  She's one smart cookie.  She drinks it all down.
I have some good kids.  We put food in front of these two and they both want to dig in, but Casey tells them to wait for the prayer.  And 99% of the time they wait.  And then they close their eyes so tight for the prayer.  I don't shut my eyes when we pray anymore because I just want to look at them instead.
These 2 also hide when it is time for bedtime.  Partners in crime for sure.
Blake was watching movies with Caleb one night while I was a bunco and I came home to this note on the counter.
These ladies got to go see some calves on a field trip for pre-school!
My Caleb Bo Baleb brought me some lilacs one day after school.  He didn't break the branch - he found it on the sidewalk like this.  I love that it isn't' one little stick with lilacs at the end, but the whole freaking branch.  Go big or go home right?
Babies in a box.  They are still babies, right?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I should start doing a monthly post... I smiled the whole way through! Love the blue kitchen, and the babies praying, and the girls in their flannel!!! The picture of the cart makes me shake my head every time. Lol, you are super mom!

Sandra said...

I smiled all the way through too. Way cute pictures. I love the paint and the table is fabulous. The bridge picture made me laugh out loud. Lexi is so cute and Luke, cute little Luke that loves his mommy, so cute.
I thought about taking a sleeping picture of Baby T but I just couldn't risk it. I love the prayer picture and those two hiding together. And just in case you are wondering, I looked twice just because there was so much cuteness!